BP Pricing Difference
AMS Performance Carbon Fiber Intake for F80 / F82 / F83 BMW M3 and M4
Improved form and function for your air induction system.
AMS Performance BMW M3 / M4 S55 Carbon Intakes were designed to draw a higher volume of cold air into the stock turbochargers. With this intake installed, the factory plastic airboxes and plastic intake tubes are replaced with AMS’ motorsport grade carbon fiber components and dry media air filters. The AMS Performance BMW M3 / M4 S55 Carbon Intakes are a vast improvement over the stock intake system and in our extensive Snailworks© Engineering Team R&D testing has shown a massive 27% increase in airflow efficiency! By letting the turbos ingest all the cold air they need, our intake system boosts power capability exactly where you want it. In addition, it allows you to hear your twin turbos spool up which is something any enthusiast can really appreciate. The AMS Performance BMW M3 / M4 S55 Carbon Intakes are simply the best engineered and best performing cold air intake system available for your S55 engine equipped M3 or M4.
Engineered to Win
- AMS Performance is an engineering company first. AMS has built their decades long reputation as a leading motorsports aftermarket component manufacturer by creating the highest performing parts through a focused engineering approach to design. This engineering process is what makes the S55 Carbon Intakes the best designed intake system on the market. Their Snailworks© Engineering Team has spent countless R&D hours painstakingly designing the AMS Performance BMW M3/M4 S55 Carbon Intakes via Solidworks© Computer Aided Design (CAD) software as well as conducted rigorous on-track testing to validate their design.
- The Snailworks© Engineering Team knows that heat is the biggest power robbing factor that plagues other inferior intake system designs. That is why they designed the air box to seal out blistering engine bay temperatures. They then took advantage of the M3 and M4’s existing intake ducting that funnels fresh air into the intake box and designed a pair of carbon replacement ducts, each with a full air scoop placed directly behind the front grille, producing a ram-air like effect as the intakes are fed high pressure fresh air.
The Difference is in the Details
- You can expect an easy install without cutting, trimming or taking off any additional components with basic hand tools. Couple that with a purpose built, reusable synthetic high-flow dry media filters, you’ll no longer have to purchase cheap factory paper filters down the road. The “dry media” filter means just that, no more messy oiling of your filter. Just one more reason why our intake system is the best option on the market. The washable AMS S55 intake system synthetic media filters were designed and manufactured specifically to fit this high performance automotive application, and the filter size and configuration was fine tuned to ensure that it will still provide all the necessary air for any S55 powered BMW, including upgraded turbo cars, without any substantial restriction or compromise in filter efficiency.
- The Snailworks© Engineering Team designed the fully enclosed dry air filters to draw in a larger volume of air into their hand laid carbon fiber constructed cold airboxes. These airboxes needed a unique closure mechanism which is why we have devised an elegant neodymium magnet system to secure the lid to each airbox. These magnetized lids allow for quick, easy, and toolless access to the intake filters for inspection or cleaning.
Focusing on component design and materials selection is crucial during product development, and is why AMS has utilized top tier materials as the foundation of the AMS Performance BMW M3/M4 S55 Carbon Intakes. Their team selected a motorsports grade carbon fiber that is both hand-laid and high temperature resistant. Lower quality carbon products on the market use the typical gloss clear coated carbon fiber which is prone to discoloration and cracking. AMS Performance BMW M3/M4 S55 Carbon Intakes use 3k twill weave carbon fiber capable of sustaining a 240C temperature threshold while maintaining structural integrity and aesthetic appearance with no worry of fading or yellowing over time. The mounting hardware components are manufactured from billet 6061 T6 aluminum, which is then precision CNC machined for a perfect fit — every time. Because they are using billet, AMS was able to integrate these OEM-style fitment features which allow the intake boxes to lock into place, just like BMW intended.
The Pinnacle of Performance
- The OEM manufacturer spends a lot of time reducing turbo noise at the expense of horsepower. By allowing the turbo to ingest all the cold air it needs, the AMS Performance BMW M3/M4 S55 Carbon Intakes boost power capability significantly. The use of carbon fiber composites allowed AMS’ Snailworks© Engineers greater design freedom to enhance performance and aesthetics for your BMW. The new carbon fiber front ducts were specifically designed to gather exclusively cold air and pipe it directly to the airboxes, resulting in lower intake air temperatures entering the engine.
- The use of carbon fiber allows for organically shaped airboxes and tubes to allow for perfect fitment, with no sign of restriction. Featuring gradual bend radii and pipe size transitions, air flows unimpeded all the way to the turbo compressor inlets. To quantify this, the AMS Snailworks© Engineers ran flow tests to determine the pressure differential between the OEM and their S55 intake system which showed an astounding 27% reduction in restriction right in the middle of the RPM range.
- Sealed carbon fiber air boxes effectively block hot engine bay air.
- Neodymium magnetic box lids for effortless filter access.
- Complete intake ducts connected to the front grille to exclusively draw in cold air.
- Simple plug and play installation without the need for permanent modifications.
- OEM-style fitment features ensure secure mounting.
- Significant 27% reduction in airflow restriction at 4500 RPM.
- Precision-designed using CAD software for optimal performance and fitment.
- Crafted with motorsports-grade, hand-laid carbon fiber.
- No yellowing or fading over time.
- Dry media filter allows for easy cleaning without the need for oil.
- 2014-2019 BMW M3 – S55 3.0L Turbo Engine – F80 Chassis
- 2014-2020 BMW M4 – S55 3.0L Turbo Engine – F82 / F83 Chassis
- The filters use specially designed media that allows performance and efficiency to be restored to near new each time by simply using compressed air (30-40 psi) from the inside out, making frequent washing unnecessary in order to restore filter performance.
- For a deep cleaning from extreme environments, a biodegradable cleaner such as Simple Green or other mild shop degreasers can be used.
- Simply place the filter in a solution or spray the cleaner on the filter.
- Allow the solution to loosen the particulate and then rinse thoroughly.
- Shake the filter or use compressed air from the inside outward to remove residual water and allow a full day or two to dry.
- As these motorsports grade carbon fiber parts are hand laid, slight imperfections or weave pattern variances can be expected.
CARB AND / OR EPA COMPLIANCE TESTING NOT COMPLETED
About AMS Performance
At AMS Performance, they specialize in automotive performance for turbocharged vehicles. In addition to being a leader in the automotive performance parts manufacturing industry, AMS offers in-house engine computer calibration, parts and package installations, as well as engine and transmission building services.
First and foremost, AMS is an engineering company. Unlike other shops, their parts are engineered to be the best performing components you can buy. Most manufacturers in the industry have a basic understanding of engine performance but at AMS takes it far past that using computer-aided designs and mechanical engineers with years of motorsports experience.
AMS Performance has been at the top of the game since opening our doors 20 years ago. From turn-key packages to individual components, they meet and exceed all kinds of performance goals. From drag racing to road racing, and everything in between, let AMS enhance your driving experience!
- The goal of AMS is to provide the highest quality, best performing products available. By utilizing research and development and rigorous testing programs, AMS will never compromise the quality or performance of their products. In addition, AMS will only provide the finest customer service offering only advice and parts that are in the best interest of the customer.
The Bulletproof Automotive website contains many thousands of products purchased in multiple different currencies. All of the prices are entered manually and accurately at the time of entry. Due to the consistently fluctuating international exchange rates, at times prices may not be able to be honored at their original intended rate. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, unfortunately our website is unable to compensate dynamically for what can at times be volatile changes in the cost of items due to currency values fluctuating, changes in prices from suppliers, changes in shipping and import duties, and other factors. Rest assured that any order you place on line will be at zero risk to you in this area. If in the event your order cannot be fulfilled at the original intended website price we will offer you a 100% refund, no questions asked. We will continue to do our best to maintain updated prices and we will always continue to offer our price match guarantees as well to ensure our prices are always the best for you. In short, prices may change without notice. It is always advised to give us a call prior to placing your order online to confirm availability and to confirm current pricing.
Items that are in stock in the US, either at Bulletproof’s warehouse or at a supplier’s warehouse, are generally delivered within 7-10 days. Special order items from overseas take considerably longer. As a courtesy Bulletproof offers delivery estimates to our customers which take into consideration manufacturer availability and shipping schedule. These estimates represent our best guess based on previous orders from the manufacturer and do not in any way imply a guaranteed delivery window. Many manufacturers work in a “just in time” inventory system and often take 2-20+ weeks to produce an item once an order is submitted. All deliverable items are then sent to our Japanese warehouse. Bulletproof ships a minimum of one full ocean freight container every month from Japan, oftentimes more than one a month. Ocean freight takes an average of 4 weeks. Typically it breaks down to one week in Japan for paperwork and customs, two weeks by boat and one week in US customs/clearance. Due to the wide number of variables between manufacturer and shipping schedules, delivery estimates are simply just that – estimates. We attempt to estimate conservatively and we usually deliver faster than our estimates suggest. It is not Bulletproof’s policy to guarantee delivery time of any special order item, this is impossible for us to do. By ordering you acknowledge that there is no required delivery ETA and an order may not be canceled or altered due to manufacturing or shipping delays, all ETA’s are provided as a best guess only. Please review the full Terms & Conditions here
We do pricing a little differently on our JDM brands and we believe in making things simple and clear. No hidden fees or surcharges. Every price you see includes the shipping cost to our office in Los Angeles, California and all the associated taxes/duties/fees for bringing the products into the US. The only shipping you ever pay is from our facility in the US to your location. Be wary of resellers that don’t include the cost of international shipping in their pricing on JDM parts. While we believe we’ll always have the lowest all-in price on JDM products, we offer a price match guarantee for all authentic parts purchased from authorized dealers as well.
For many international customers, it’s much more affordable to ship from the USA than from Japan directly, as the air freight and ocean freight costs are typically much less. However, for customers looking to ship directly from Japan outside of North America, or domestically in Japan, we can provide pricing specifically for that scenario. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any pricing questions or concerns. Please email us at [email protected]
with any inquiries.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.