AMS Performance Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake for R35 Nissan GT-R
AMS’ Alpha R35 GT-R Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake was designed to draw a higher volume of cool air into the stock turbochargers while improving the metering capability of the factory Mass Airflow (MAF) sensors. With this intake installed, bulky air filter boxes are replaced with their high flow dry media filters and carbon fiber tubing. This eliminates clutter within the engine bay while drawing cooler air from outside. Increasing the cross sectional area of the tubing allows the factory MAF sensors to accurately meter air flow up to and over 1000HP! A vast improvement over the stock intake system.
- Air flow to support over 1000HP
- Polished high-temp motorsports grade carbon fiber
- Easy install requiring no trimming, cutting or bumper removal
- Turbo and blow-off valve (BOV) more audible
- 4 lb. weight savings over stock
- 3″ (76mm) diameter carbon fiber air intakes
- Alpha Performance high-flow, dry media air filters
- 5-ply reinforced silicone couplers
- All necessary hardware included
- Detailed installation instructions
Listen To Your Turbos Sing
The OEM manufacturer spends a lot of time reducing turbo noise at the expense of horsepower. By allowing the turbos to ingest all the cold air they need, the Alpha Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake boosts power significantly. In addition, it allows you to hear the turbos spool up while bypassing valve venting – something you as an enthusiast can truly appreciate.
Motorsports High Temp Carbon Fiber
Since the intake pipes are close to the exhaust manifold, they selected a motorsports grade carbon fiber* that is both hand-laid and high temperature resistant. Other options on the market use the typical gloss clear coated carbon fiber prone to discoloration and cracking. Their Alpha Intakes use 3-layers of 1mm twill weave prepreg carbon fiber capable of sustaining a 240C temperature threshold while maintaining structural integrity and aesthetic appearance with no worry of fading or yellowing over time.
Easy Installation & Maintenance
AMS specifically designed this intake for a hassle-free installation. Some intakes on the market require removal of the front bumper which is a serious endeavor. With their, you can expect an easy install without cutting, trimming or taking off your bumper. It can be installed with basic hand tools in minutes! Couple that with a purpose built, reusable synthetic high-flow dry media filter, you’ll no longer have to purchase cheap factory paper filters down the road. Just one more reason why their intake is the best option on the market.
For Use With All Stock 2 Bolt Compressor Housings
Originally designed to complement their Alpha 7 Performance Package which maximizes performance of the factory Nissan GTR turbos, this intake also supports well over 1000HP! Couplers are compatible with factory turbo inlet pipes (2011 and older & the larger 2012+) as well as other aftermarket inlets which use the stock 2 bolt compressor/turbo inlet suction pipe configuration.
Upgrade To Speed Density Down The Road
Should you ever exceed the limits of the stock MAF sensors, the Alpha R35 GTR Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake can easily be upgraded to operate as speed density by simply adding the Alpha R35 GT-R MAF Block-Off Plates.
ECU Tuning Required
Because the pipe size offsets the calibration of the factory MAF sensor, it requires an aftermarket ECU calibration. AMS recommends the Cobb AccessPort, but the intake is compatible with all other ECU calibration solutions as well.
- 2009-2011 Nissan GT-R – R35 | CBA
- 2012-2016 Nissan GT-R – R35 | DBA
- 2017+ Nissan GT-R – R35 | EBA
- Fits all USDM, JDM and European Models (LHD & RHD)
- Because this intake system is hand-laid and made from a motorsports grade high temp carbon fiber, small imperfections in the carbon weave and finish will be present. Again, these are not the typical high gloss wet carbon pieces with clear coat applied as a post process. With each pipe being handmade, no two will show exactly alike.
- For use with stock turbos or upgrades with 2 bolt compressor cover/inlets.
CARB / EPA COMPLIANCE TESTING NOT COMPLETED
While AMS believes this product is either CARB EO exemption applicable, or complies with the EPA’s Anti-Tampering Policy, they have not completed the required testing and administrative process at this time. This product is not available to purchase for emissions-controlled vehicles located within the state of California, or available to ship to California addresses, without a completed AMS Race Waiver form. International users outside of the United States should act in accordance with their local laws and regulations.
About AMS Performance
“AMS Was Built On A Foundation of Integrity. This Is Who We Are. This Is What You Can Count On.”
- At AMS Performance, they specialize in automotive performance for turbocharged vehicles. In addition to being a leader in the automotive performance parts manufacturing industry, they offer in-house engine computer calibration, parts and package installations, as well as engine and transmission building services.
- First and foremost, AMS is an engineering company. Unlike other shops, their parts are engineered to be the best performing components you can buy. Most manufacturers in the industry have a basic understanding of engine performance but at AMS they take it far past that using computer-aided designs and mechanical engineers with years of motorsports experience.
- AMS Performance has been at the top of the game since opening our doors 20 years ago. From turn-key packages to individual components, they can meet and exceed all kinds of performance goals. From drag racing to road racing, and everything in between, let AMS enhance your driving experience!
The Bulletproof Automotive website contains many thousands of products purchased in multiple different currencies. All of the prices are entered manually and accurately at the time of entry. Due to the consistently fluctuating international exchange rates, at times prices may not be able to be honored at their original intended rate. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, unfortunately our website is unable to compensate dynamically for what can at times be volatile changes in the cost of items due to currency values fluctuating, changes in prices from suppliers, changes in shipping and import duties, and other factors. Rest assured that any order you place on line will be at zero risk to you in this area. If in the event your order cannot be fulfilled at the original intended website price we will offer you a 100% refund, no questions asked. We will continue to do our best to maintain updated prices and we will always continue to offer our price match guarantees as well to ensure our prices are always the best for you. In short, prices may change without notice. It is always advised to give us a call prior to placing your order online to confirm availability and to confirm current pricing.
Items that are in stock in the US, either at Bulletproof’s warehouse or at a supplier’s warehouse, are generally delivered within 7-10 days. Special order items from overseas take considerably longer. As a courtesy Bulletproof offers delivery estimates to our customers which take into consideration manufacturer availability and shipping schedule. These estimates represent our best guess based on previous orders from the manufacturer and do not in any way imply a guaranteed delivery window. Many manufacturers work in a “just in time” inventory system and often take 2-20+ weeks to produce an item once an order is submitted. All deliverable items are then sent to our Japanese warehouse. Bulletproof ships a minimum of one full ocean freight container every month from Japan, oftentimes more than one a month. Ocean freight takes an average of 4 weeks. Typically it breaks down to one week in Japan for paperwork and customs, two weeks by boat and one week in US customs/clearance. Due to the wide number of variables between manufacturer and shipping schedules, delivery estimates are simply just that – estimates. We attempt to estimate conservatively and we usually deliver faster than our estimates suggest. It is not Bulletproof’s policy to guarantee delivery time of any special order item, this is impossible for us to do. By ordering you acknowledge that there is no required delivery ETA and an order may not be canceled or altered due to manufacturing or shipping delays, all ETA’s are provided as a best guess only. Please review the full Terms & Conditions here
We do pricing a little differently on our JDM brands and we believe in making things simple and clear. No hidden fees or surcharges. Every price you see includes the shipping cost to our office in Los Angeles, California and all the associated taxes/duties/fees for bringing the products into the US. The only shipping you ever pay is from our facility in the US to your location. Be wary of resellers that don’t include the cost of international shipping in their pricing on JDM parts. While we believe we’ll always have the lowest all-in price on JDM products, we offer a price match guarantee for all authentic parts purchased from authorized dealers as well.
For many international customers, it’s much more affordable to ship from the USA than from Japan directly, as the air freight and ocean freight costs are typically much less. However, for customers looking to ship directly from Japan outside of North America, or domestically in Japan, we can provide pricing specifically for that scenario. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any pricing questions or concerns. Please email us at [email protected]
with any inquiries.